we’re releasing for October a new machine,basing on our ‘Arbor Press‘ design.
1. inject as usual,
2. compression molding
3. make sheets via 2 rolls (or 4) – like a pasta machine, output sheets : 50cm wide
your input is welcome. the machine goes like all the others open-source and fully documented.
some more background on this undertaking :
– we designed also another 3-in-one machine (see below) : shredder, extrusion and injection
– most people we’ve met want this rather small, bench top design; fitting in a car since they often do workshops and exhibitions
– must be easy to ship
– the idea is to have a complete recycle – at – home/fablab – kit; powerful & ‘cheap’
– with the new combo it requires only 3sqm space; no need to get a shipping container
nice, thanks. I think we go for a hydraulic hand pump (see ‘make it extreme’ youtube channel) which allows more speed , well and an actuator we can offer and support for commercial units.
Awesome man! That combo machine looks so clean too! I’ll post my airpress compression molder as soon as it’s finished.