after a dozen hours of testing and producing almost 10 of these:
I swapped the handle against 3 x 25 mm sticks, 70 cm long. This gives so much ease and power, I think it’s still double the power needed to extrude. Some plastic was so easy to extrude by kicking the stick just; at least for simple molds.
Then I removed the 4 6mm thick enforcement plates from the middle and top bar. Those 3mm thick tubings were more than enough.
I still have to fine tune hopper and electronics but I consider this as first real release candidate. It’s the most pleasant injection I’ve ever used.
Some stats :
– build with heavy duty machines: lathe, CNC, pro-welder (unbeatable Fronius 2200) but i think that could be done without if you are really creative
– 60 minutes CNC, 1 hour lathe, 30 minutes welding and lots of time for drilling, grinding, etc…
– it took 2.5 days for 5 machines for 2 people. 5 days full-time to build one alone the first time
– material bill : 250 Euro (we have low priced suppliers) & 30 – 50 Euro for consumables (everything : CNC, lathe, electricity, ink, nuts, bolts …)
– bazaar price currently 610 but I think we increase; it’s just too much work after all. I think doing this even better would justify 800 Euro, considering that similar simple arbor presses are at 1300 Euro +
– 38 Kg shipping, 70 Euro within Europe (if you are part of a network)
– 25 mm by 24 cm volume
– Shipping size: 110 cm 55 cm x 30 cm
what’s next :
– we will try better heatbands (50e the piece), for some reason I don’t really trust those from AliExpress too much; after cutting a few shapes I noticed irregular consistency, even with 10 minutes waiting time (HDPE).
– easy & height adjustable clamp