First, awesome work and thank you, I need all this info here and the community. This community is nice because I won’t have to first sell the plastic problem and the fact that the problem is its own solution. I see a lot of groups doing lots, but lets face it, the output of garbage is of quantum magnitude in comparison.
We know exactly what do to, but we could never do it fast enough nor scale up our effort enough to win this in time. (Yes that is only my opinion…. lol )
This is where I came up wit project Uranus.
The project Uranus is to create a ( Get READY!! ) decentralized robotic automated networked infrastructure to collect, process and reuse the plastic.
Simply put, use garbage to create robots (as much garbage as possible, some parts would have to be bought.) uses these robots to go collect plastic, and feed your machines. Use machines to build more robots to collect and products to sell.
* The Plan
– Think small, scalable, decentralized, automated
– Find plastic
– Collect plastic
– Process into usable plastic
– Print products
– Sale products
– Scale up and out
* How to start
– Few people together, they are U.
– Each U plan and design first Replicator, Extruder, Collector with helps of other U’s.
– U will obviously design models to tackle your environment. (I don’t ocean of plastic beside me, I have fields. Your meat and vegetable are eating plastic too….)
– Share and Open,
* What after?
After having good model for automated replication and product creation, lets call it a Uranus station. We can setup model for automated online store.:
– Order online from list of printable object or upload your own.
– Automate the order, creation and shipping.
Where am I at with this?
Well i’ll start by building your machine so I can use my plastic to build my robots.
I found that there is sensor capable of detecting plastic, I will be starting to order parts to test next week. But I have an extremely restricted budget. Lucky for me most parts are cheap. And gets cheaper as I move along this project… lol