not sure you noticed the latest youtube video, but an important part of PP, Eindhoven is running out of money after v4. Since there is still lots of work ahead afterwards, I thought I leave here a short summary of all the patreon and you tube comments :
1. produce goods (youtubers)
2. provide an educational service, like the mentioned ‘PP Academy’ (real training), basically an online webinar, much appreciated by most clients. I explored this today on Discord and came to the conclusion that this could create lots of benefits for PP as a whole. My estimate is in the 10.000 – 20.000 Euro the month, netto. That could be enough to have a decent life for around 3-4 core members. Unfortunately it didn’t seem to gain much interest of Eindhoven so I can only suggest this to anyone else with prior background and intentions. Btw. this can also be a reward for medium sized patreon tiers since they can have passive access.
3. produce machines (top patreaon suggestions)
4. produce limited and special editions, per month. there seem to be enough fans would pay the extra in top. that could be enough to create income for 2 people. that won’t hurt the eco system and could create interesting effects.
5. attract more patreons with good old Hakken style tutorial videos. this could be also just a monthly podcast.
6. early access programms (EAP). this way machine builders have early access to plans and content and peer content contributors can build on top – instead of doing duplicate work.
Overall, I like the ‘PP Academy’ option. It’s not just work but also a direct invest and content outcome. This is a common model for similar minded projects and works out well.