The drill-press is one of the more important machine in a metal workshop. Don’t save money here! It has to be big and heavy - for safety reasons.
- Cheap CNC vise (250 Euro) - mostly used for small parts and drilling series
- ‘123 blocks’ - used for holding small parts with bolts
- Drillpress table’s t-slots
- Clamping gear (200 Euro)
- Vise jaws, that can hold flat bars and cylindrical pieces
- Solid bar, helpful for clamping
- Big vise (250 Euro). This is the more used and should be also heavy, wide
Clamping via T-Slot is the ultimate way to stay safe, even for small pieces!
Here we can lock the work piece fast and repeatable
Starting at 3000 Euro - this can’t be big enough! Make sure it has an adjustable feed as well.