How to teach about plastic recycling

Based on my learning by doing experience I made a package with basic information that can help individuals, schools and NGOs. You can find tips how teach about recycling technologies, circular economy and other processing possibilities.

Attachments

Resources

3D Files

• 3D Step File: /files/01 Supporting material/LEAF LAMP TUTORIAL/3D models/ll-01-0001-01.stp - Preview
  • 3D Step File: /files/01 Supporting material/LEAF LAMP TUTORIAL/3D models/ll-01-0002-01.stp - Preview
  • 3D Step File: /files/01 Supporting material/LEAF LAMP TUTORIAL/3D models/ll-01-0003-01.stp - Preview

Step 1 - Start with WHY…

In the modern and industrial European country such as Czech Republic was in 2020 recycled only 30% of plastic material, 39% was burned as a certified fuel and remaining ended up somewere else. People can collect it but do not know how to reuse it.

In my opinion, problem is in the ignorance.

I believe that education with real examples can increase awarness about lowering consumption of single use plastic, reusing and recycling. Young generation should know about plastic more information that I learned as a teenager.

We have an ability to choose how our future World will look like.

Step 2 - Download package

Total package has 1.1 GB. Its not possible to upload it on this how-to page.

You can download it for free from Google drive link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Mwp2PZPxX7lRY0rVgQ_F8svFhY6AAQRr?usp=sharing

You edit materials, share and use as you want.

Step 3 - Choose activity you want to do

As an example I prepared content for 3 different activites that you can do. It was designed according to my experience for machines and tools I use.

AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITY FOR KIDS:

• many topics described on detal

• regular basis

• more time for creative activities

• space for development

• individual approach

• suitable only for small group

• requires a facility and equipment

PRESENTATION AT SCHOOL:

• larger impact

• demonstration technology on site

• cheaper than regular hobby club

• presentation at school

• a brief overview about problem

• not enough time to explain everything

WORKSHOP FOR PUBLIC:

• individual approach

• creative and education activities

• participants make their own product

• providing advices how to join pp

• single afternoon activity

• suitable for small groups

• requires a facility and equipment

Step 4 - More information

In case you need more information, ask me: info@plastmakers.com

You can also visit me in Liberec (Czech Republic) or book for a workshop/ presentation at your event.

All news and new projects I also publish on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/plastmakers/

I wish you all the best.

Tom

Added oa-import, starterkit