Motherboards and circuit boards (also tyres)

So, I’m thinking a motherboard from a computer or circuit boards is made from several different materials. Soft, thin metals and some harder resistors etc.

If I shredded up motherboards, without removing the components first would that detract from the plastic. The metal could be separated with a magnet or putting through some sort of water separation process maybe? or would the resulting dust from the various resistors and components just be dangerous to breath in and the environment? I’m sure capacitors were not made to be shredded.

Also, could the shredding machine be made, 4 times bigger to shred car tyres? Most car tyres have metal in them, steel. So more power would be needed. Would it be 4 x as much power does anyone know?

Shredded car tyres could be sold to people laying playgrounds down. Rubber moulding companies and they are in plentiful supply. I think my local tyre garage need to pay someone to take them away in great big shipping containers.

As far as I know, motherboards are made of baquelite (for low requirements circuits) or epoxy resin + fiberglass for high resistance (home or office use), for very high performance circuits (industrial performance) it is used aluminium.

I believe that it is not possible to recycle motherboards as there is no plastic to reuse: no PET, HDPE and so on.

Thank you, yes, I think you’re right about the motherboards.
I was thinking along the lines of grinding the motherboards up and using a chemical process to separate the different metals from the power that now resides. But it is very chemically intensive and I feel those boards that are sent over seas would be recycled in more environmentally damaging ways (Its just a feeling, I have no proof)

I don’t know about tyres… but I think it is made by vulcanizing latex. No plastic. Maybe I’m wrong.