Note: be aware that the pipes come in different diameters!
The handwheel drive needs to be locked in place by using 2 thrust bearings. The lower side needs to be locked with a shaft collar to prevent the rod from moving upwards.
The thrust bearing can be substituted by using a ball bearing and a washer
- align the flange to the barrel opening using parallels - if available, use a sleeve to align it perpendicular
- tack weld the flange
- weld and face the flange on both sides
- Use an angle grinder to slot the fold lines. This makes bending easier. See here for more examples. The bending should be easy to do by hand.
- The parts must be perfectly flat and symmetric before welding
- Now tack weld all and clean it up.
- Weld the barrel mount
- tap the center hole, M10
- cut a M10 ACME rod, 5cm
- screw it into the lever pin
- use a screw driver to adjust the final rotation
- weld it
Part “602 - Gear - Brackets”