Here are still open issues or problems to solve:
1. molds in bazar not really standardized, requires us to supply users with custom adapters.
2. extrusion/injection connectivity causes people to use a few adapter and then have problems with pressure due to heat transfer loss over the added length; i have seen this a lot
3. v3 System is using an outer thread but this cutter (150 Euro upwards) is rather hard to get and still, you have to make sure the end can be heated
4. brass seems ideal but hard to weld; also pretty expensive in some cases. also thread cutters are not available to everybody.
5. that is another story : but there safety problems coming with all that; rendering the machine near unusable for certain ages in an educational contexts.
I am no expert in this but the nozzle and sample adapter below proved well since the exit is very close to the nozzle heatband and the mold entry is getting heated as well; we use it for injection and extrusion. M20 Metric standard thread. I am opening another thread addressing this problem; also seeking for more standardization. We’re looking into the option to have a system where folks can put their mold inside; heated by cartridge heaters or similar and yet removes the need for gloves.
Any thoughts are welcome (@s2019)