Hi, I am a college of Tommy
The build will be done in week 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7 with about 18 hours each week. Our goal is to have a video produced each week and we will keep you updated on the project.
The parts for the shredder is made by a company who does laser-cutting. Our students manufacture. Our students manufacture the rest of the parts and do the assembly. We get help from students who study automation for the electronics and made a few changes for safety reasons. We will tell more about it as we make progress.
What was the one week result…well, as we build two machines at the same time is hard to be precise. But we have:
– Cut all the parts for the shredder framework
– The shafts is done
– The hopper for the shredder is done
– The Shredderbox is ready to be assembled
– Some mounting of the frame is been done
– Hopper for the injector is done
– Parts for the framework is ready and some assembly have occurred
The progress is actually a bit better then we expected.
Feel free to ask further questions.